Top Ten Bookish Confessions
- I don't look up words in the dictionary. When I'm into a book and I come across a word I don't know, I don't want to stop, go find a dictionary and look up the word. That would take too much time and effort. I know it is bad, but I can usually figure out what the word means in the context it is used in. I do have to say having a Kindle fire is handy because looking up a word is super easy so maybe that will help me out in the future.
- I don't go to the library. I haven't gone to the library since I was younger. If I went now I would probably take out books and never bring them back and they don't like that very much, so then I would be banned. I like to own my books and read them at my pace. Even when I worked in a bookstore for 3 years, I could borrow books and rarely did.
- I always take off the book jackets on my hard cover books when I read them. I don't like my books to get ruined, especially the nice covers.
- Having e-readers has not slowed me down from buying physical books at all. Some books I have the e-book and the physical book.
- I own hundreds of books that I have not read yet and keep buying more. Blogging has made my to be read pile way bigger than it already was.
- I'm awful at marking or writing down quotes I like, and I wish I was better at it. It would be easier to do on my kindle and I need to work on remembering to do it. I refuse to write in book, highlight or dog ear a page so that is part of the reason that I have a hard time with it.
- I used to hate reading. I guess that is a huge confession. When I was younger I used to pretend to read and then get into trouble when I was caught. Once I found books I loved, I haven't been able to stop since.
- I used to have 2 sets of Harry Potter Books. One set of hard cover and then a set of soft covers that I read because I didn't want my hard covers to be ruined. Now I only have the hard covers.
- The only required reading I did not read in high school was A Tale of Two Cities. I couldn't get past the first few pages, it put me to sleep. I'm sorry to people who love that book, it is just not for me.
- I tend to judge a book by it's cover. I yell at myself when I catch myself doing it because I know I shouldn't, but pretty covers totally catch my attention. I almost didn't read one of my favorite books/ series because of the cover. I got it handed to me by a friend and I was like, "I don't think so" because it looked like a trashy romance novel, not my thing. I still don't understand why the cover art was done like that because they are not trashy romance novels. Oh and the book I am talking about is Moon Called by Patricia Briggs.
Well then, those are my bookish confessions. That was fun! Are any of mine on your list? What are yours!?