Top Ten Favorite Quotes From Books
- Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?"
"If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked. -City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- Mine" he said.
Adam's eyes narrowed. "I don't think so. She is mine."
It would of been flattering,I thought,except that at least one of them was talking about dinner and I wasn't certain about the other. -Moon Called by patricia Briggs
- You think my first instinct is to protect you. Because you're small, or a girl, or a Stiff. But you're wrong."
He leans his face close to mine and wraps his fingers around my chin. His hand smells like metal. When was the last time he held a gun, or a knife? My skin tingles at the point of contact, like he's transmitting electricity through his skin.
"My first instinct is to push you until you break, just to see how hard I have to press." he says, his fingers squeezing at the word break. My body tenses at the edge in his voice, so I am coiled as tight as a spring, and I forget to breathe.
His dark eyes lifting to mine, he adds, "But I resist it."
"Why..." I swallow hard. "Why is that your first instinct?"
"Fear doesn't shut you down; it wakes you up. I've seen it. It's fascinating." He releases me but doesn't pull away, his hand grazing my jaw, my neck. "Sometimes I just want to see it again. Want to see you awake. -Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Are you implying that shreds of my reputation remain intact?" Will demanded with mock horror. "Clearly I have been doing something wrong. Or not something wrong, as the case may be."
He banged on the side of the carriage. "Thomas! We must away at once to the nearest brothel. I seek scandal and low companionship. -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
- Mom says it's because she has PMS.
Do you even know what that means?
"I'm not a little kid anymore. It means pissed-at- men syndrome -The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
- I reached out blindly, clasped a warm hand, faded from life and into peace.
Well, that was what was supposed to happen.... Except an annoying, distracting tug kept pulling and yanking....
When I woke, I thought I had overcome the pull and stayed in the afterlife. Whiteness billowed over me in soft waves. My body was cushioned and cocooned in warmth. I stretched my legs and then tried to raise my arms, but my left arm wouldn't budge. Rolling over, I encountered a number of very unpleasant realities.
I was alive. I was in a room. I was naked except for a blood-stained bandage wrapped tight around my stomach. Kerrick lay beside me. And his hand trapped mine.
Kill. Me. Now. -Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder
- Is this some sort of test?"
"Everything that doesn't kill you is."
"Mind you," he added, "surviving doesn't always mean you passed. -Cast in Secret by Michelle Sagara
- “I run for I don't know how long. Hours, maybe, or days. Alex told me to run. So I run. You have to understand. I am no one special. I am just a single girl. I am five feet two inches tall and I am in-between in every way. But I have a secret. You can build walls all the way to the sky and I will find a way to fly above them. You can try to pin me down with a hundred thousand arms, but I will find a way to resist. And there are many of us out there, more than you think. People who refuse to stop believing. People who refuse to come to earth. People who love in a world without walls, people who love into hate, into refusal, against hope,and without fear. I love you. Remember. They cannot take it.” -Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- “When you love someone, its never over. You move on, because you have to but you take them with you in your heart” -Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler
- “She was struck by the simple truth that sometimes the most ordinary things could be made extraordinary, simply by doing them with the right people...” - The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
I could seriously go on and on well beyond ten quotes for this one!