Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer.
Top Ten Tips For New (Book) Bloggers
I'm still pretty new myself but I will try to think of helpful encouraging tips. I began blogging around november and I feel like I have been doing it so much longer. I love the blogging world and it has been a great experience for me.
- Be ready for a lot of work if you want a good solid blog. Blogging has been like a full-time job for me but it is really rewarding and I love it.
- Do not ever plagiarize/ steal reviews and thoughts from other blogs. You will get caught and look really bad as a blogger.
- Use social networks to reach more followers such as a facebook page and twitter. Twitter is great and quick and easy to use. There are other networks you can use but I use twitter and facebook the most.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help from other bloggers. Most of us are happy to help anyway we can. I had to ask for help along the way and sometimes still do and then I have also been the person helping. The blogging world can be intimidating but fellow bloggers can help you make it easier.
- Blog for the right reasons! If you are only doing it to get free books then it won't be fun for you. Blog because you love books and love talking and sharing books with others. Trust me the free books will come. I never expected to get the amount of author requests that I have been getting.
- Participate in Features. They are a lot of fun and it helps other bloggers find out about your blog and you can find some new blogs also. Visit other features and leave comments and they will be more likely to visit you. I participate in Top Ten Tuesday (obviously), Tell Me Something Tuesday, Waiting on Wednesday and In My Mailbox.
- Visit blogs and stay connected. I'm guilty at being very bad at this lately because I have been so busy with school. I can't wait for summer so I have more time to venture outside of my blog more again. One of the best things about blogging is the people and I have met and become friends with.
- Host Giveaways and join giveaway hops. It is another great way to get more traffic to your blog. Giveaways are fun and who isn't excited about winning a free book? Hops are great because if you participate you are put on a list of giveaways that is easier to find. Hops can reach more people than a normal giveaway does.
- Be willing to branch out from your normal reading choices. Blogging is great to discover new books. I think a lot of us have the problem that we like to stay in our reading comfort zone and then we miss out on some awesome books. Try something new! My first author request was something completely different than I would normally read but I was so excited about my first author request that I was like yah why not! I ended up really enjoying the book.
- Just have fun with it! Blogging should be fun if it is not then you should stop or find a way to make it fun again.