5 discussion questions:
1. If you were disfigured like Heven (by some sort of accident) do you think you would have reacted the same way as her? (loss of self confidence, hiding yourself, etc)
I think that depends on when it happened to me. I think I would have handled it differently than Heven either way but if I was still in High School I would have been more affected than if it happened now. High School is hard and people are mean so I probably would have tried to hide the disfiguration also but I would have stood up for myself. Heven just lets them taunt her and says nothing which is frustrating to me. I have been picked on before and I have always spoken up and stood up for myself, never letting anyone walk all over me. I know I would have less confidence if it happened in high school than now but I believe I would have handles it better than Heven.
2. Do you think that Kimber’s plan for revenge against Cole (for kissing another girl) is a good idea?
No, I thought that was a terrible idea and figured it would back fire especially if she wanted to get him back. She is also blind to the fact that she is hurting her friend, but of course it doesn't help that Heven doesn't speak up.
3. In the beginning chapters, Heven is very drawn to Sam but won’t admit it due to her own insecurities. Kimber begins to “date” Sam… do you think that Heven should have spoken up? Do think Kimber should have seen Heven’s real feelings?
Heven seems to have no self esteem and doesn't believe she has any worth and is too afraid of losing her only real friend left to tell her how she feels. Heven should have told her best friend that she liked Sam and how she felt. If Kimber didn't understand then she isn't a real friend and isn't worth her time.
4. Masquerade is broken in four separate POV’s: Heven, Sam, The Hate and The Hope. Do you think having multiple POV’s adds depth to the story? Why or why not?
I like seeing different perspectives because I do think it adds to the story and helps you understand other characters. The Hate and The Hope confuse me at this point but I hope it all comes together more as the story continues.
5. A great source of strength for Heven is her grandmother. Who do you think yours is/would be?
I don't have a specific person that gives me strength. The things that I have been through in life have made me a stronger person. I'm a strong person in general and I feel that I have a lot of strength. I think people can help and having friends and people to talk to is helpful to gain strength and build confidence which Heven needs to do.