Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer.
Freebie --- Make a top ten list about anything book related that you want. That super specific topic you thought would make a great top ten list or that past topic you wished you would have gotten a chance to participate it? This is the week to do it!
For my Freebie I'm Choosing to do favorite Book Quotes. Who doesn't love quotes? These are not in any order and are not necessarily the top ten quotes of all time but the ones I have bookmarked more recently on goodreads that I like a lot. I'm not very good at marking stuff when I'm reading so I always have to find it later.
Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes
1. “Pain and suffering are the soil of strength and courage.”
― Lurlene McDaniel, Someone Dies, Someone Lives
"I think," Jace said, "that she asked if she could touch my mango."
"She said that?"
Jace shrugged. "Yeah, then she gave me her number.”
― Cassandra Clare, City of Fallen Angels
Doctor who tells you you’re suffering from a “thingy,” except the doctor won’t tell you to go home and try turning yourself on and off again.”
― John Connolly, The Gates
4. “I'm missing something, aren't I?"
"Brains", he snapped. "And survival instinct. The Hawklord's been waiting for you for three hours."
"Tell him I'm dead.”
― Michelle Sagara West, Cast in Shadow
5. “Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it”― Nicholas Sparks, A Walk to Remember
6. “Mom says it's because she has PMS.
Do you even know what that means?
"I'm not a little kid anymore. It means pissed-at- men syndrome”
― Nicholas Sparks, The Last Song
7. “Really, the combination of the scabs and the ointment looks hideous. I can't help enjoying his distress.
"Poor Finnick. Is this the first time in your life you haven't looked pretty?" I say.
"It must be. The sensation's completely new. How have you managed it all these years?" he asks.
"Just avoid mirrors. You'll forget about it," I say.
"Not if I keep looking at you," he says.”
― Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire
8. “Are you implying that shreds of my reputation remain intact?" Will demanded with mock horror. "Clearly I have been doing something wrong. Or not something wrong, as the case may be."
He banged on the side of the carriage. "Thomas! We must away at once to the nearest brothel. I seek scandal and low companionship.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
9. “MS. THOMPSON, it said in heavy block letters, PLEASE KEEP YOUR FELINE OFF MY PROPERTY. IF I SEE IT AGAIN, I WILL EAT IT.”
― Patricia Briggs, Moon Called
10. “It takes much bravery to stand up to our enemies but we need as much bravery to stand up to our friends.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone